StoreSmart Self Storage is pleased to provide indoor, unheated, storage options for your car or truck (heated options are also available at certain locations). Although most cars will fit in a 10x15 storage unit, trucks will typically require a 10x20 storage unit. As there will always be some exceptions, please speak with your preferred storage location about your specific vehicle storage requirements.
StoreSmart Self Storage is also pleased to offer surface parking for cars, trucks, trailers and RVs, at its locations in Canmore, Cochrane, Sherwood Park, and Edmonton. Please contact your preferred location for pricing and availability.
When storing or parking a vehicle, please keep the following in mind:
- Your vehicle must be in running order (or trailered on a registered trailer).
- Your vehicle must be insured (confirmation of insurance in the form of a copy of your current vehicle insurance slip is required at the time of rental).
- Your vehicle must be registered (confirmation of registration in the form of a copy of your current registration certificate is required at the time of rental).
- We recommend that you top up all fluid levels prior to storing or parking your vehicle, including your gas tank - this will minimize the accumulation of moisture within your tank.
- We recommend that you check to ensure that your tires are inflated to the recommended pressure to avoid any “flat spots” that might develop over time, assuming that your vehicle will be stored for an extended period.
- As all batteries will lose their charge over time, consider whether it is appropriate to disconnect and/or remove the battery from your vehicle while in storage.